Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectwait..falsely accusing and/or convicting someone innocent is..ok?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2967117&mesg_id=2967399
2967399, wait..falsely accusing and/or convicting someone innocent is..ok?
Posted by liveguy, Thu Jun-09-16 03:40 AM
That's not even in the slightest bit 'okay', man.

That's all I'm saying here....

Just like rape is horrible and is not okay
Just like murder is terrible and is not okay
Just like any other crime against another human being that you can think of is absolutely NOT okay.

IMO, criminal charges of equal amount should be immediately brought against anyone that falsely accuses another if/when it comes out they were knowingly/purposefully lying.

Interestingly enough, after hearing about that Stanford fuckers slap on the wrist, I happened to hear the story about Brian Banks for the first time.

Brian was fortunately exonerated of a false rape charge after 5 years of served prison time and 5 years of parole. 10 years gone due to a lie.... but how often does that occur where someone falsely accused *and convicted* of a major crime like rape, murder, etc. gets back the life they knew in some capacity?

It's still plenty of unfortunate people serving time for shit they didn't do. Whatever their case is, it's an absolute travesty of the justice system that it occurs.

Again...that's all I am saying here....

In my mind the evil that would drive a person to take/violate another person without consent and scar the mind and trust for the rest of the victims life, is the same evil that would tell a bold face lie on another person and have their entire life, reputation and livelihood as they knew it dashed away for whatever fucked up reason that person decided to make up and stick to that lie in the first place.

NO WHERE in my comments am I downplaying rape or rape victims AT ALL, and I want that to be CLEARLY understood....

For anyone that took it as such, my sincerest apologies as I did not mean it like that in the least bit.

And even with the ridiculous way you came at me, peace be unto you.

Done here.