Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectnope
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2963180&mesg_id=2963819
2963819, nope
Posted by GumDrops, Tue Apr-26-16 06:58 AM
i tuned out of prince bootlegs a while ago. a friend of mine had the work series though, which i was impressed by, and those were pretty clean. im just used to my old hissy versions lol.

i think we will see something though. even if its just deluxe editions of official albums like PR (i would love to see that at the very least, with b-sides, mixes, and maybe the syracuse live show as a dvd/cd bonus).

all the stuff thats happened since last week has proven, in a way that might not have happened if prince was still alive, that there is an appetite to know/hear more about the vault. for a long time, i think no one was sure if the market/critical interest was there. but now i think it would be a serious loss/oversight if that stuff doesnt come out (who would buy it though i dont know - SOTT didnt even make this weeks top 50 on the billboard charts!).

i hope they dont do what the hendrix estate did, which was great reissues of the main albums, then just random compilations and live shows (with terrible artwork, though ok, not as bad as prince's post-95 artwork) afterwards.

a bootleg series i think, like they did with dylan, would be the easiest solution.

ive a feeling though that it wont be the flood of material fans expect. the vault has become such a myth that if its not all stellar, it would ruin the hype, and prince's standing. better to just release the absolute best, and make people fantasise about the rest.