Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectid prefer it doesnt come out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2963180&mesg_id=2963816
2963816, id prefer it doesnt come out
Posted by GumDrops, Tue Apr-26-16 05:34 AM
the real question really is who is in charge of his estate, and how much they care about these things. if its tyka nelson, i imagine her and princes half siblings would probably be interested in releasing his unreleased material as it would mean some money for the family.

but who would decide what is worth release? without wanting to be disrespectful, for every moonbeam levels, im sure prince had a lot of stuff that probably doesnt deserve release. it wasnt all golden.

if they can do an official version of a series like The Work, which i think compiled his bootlegs best, that would be cool (and i think these represent the best of what was in the vault - prince prob DID leak this stuff, or maybe susan rogers or whoever engineered for him did, though if that was the case, they would prob be fired for it, and ive not heard any stories of anyone being fired for leaking, so either he did it, or was cool with someone else doing it to increase his reputation).

i dont know who would oversee it, apart from someone like alan leeds. and i would prob only trust warners to do right by the material, as they prob still have some staff who were there when prince was. or people they can call back. there must have been something happening when they announced the purple rain deluxe editions.

but in a way i kinda prefer the old muddy mixes.

even the black album sounded better (and faster!) on dirty 10th generation bootlegs than when it was finally released.