Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectUh ohh, musician at work!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2962089&mesg_id=2963592
2963592, Uh ohh, musician at work!!!
Posted by _Torchbaras, Mon Apr-25-16 06:55 AM
Not to belittle anybody, but this is testament to the diff between a natural acoustic musician and bein strictly digital like myself! Theres a wholeness to your composition that makes this a completely diff animal that the reg beatheads despite usin the same source material - i envy that w the utmost respect LOL! See, i manipulate rather freely within my tried n tested boom bap box, but i could never stray to far from that before enterin deep waters, you on the other hand has the to ability to really build from those lil blocks and add on whatever your creative vision says to add, i applaud that freedom but it wouldnt work without the techniques and skills of years of practice and findin ones own musical identity, and i can hear all that in your pieces!!! The way the layers blend so smooth both rhythmically and pitchwise, the subtle details in arrangement thru out, shit, even the lyrics and sangin was on point!!! You a shinin natural not much else to say really!!! Thanks for perspective and beautiful music!