Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe entire album is a concept about
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2930324&mesg_id=2930815
2930815, The entire album is a concept about
Posted by Anonymous, Thu May-07-15 08:18 PM
The depressing state of coming up on Earth (Below The Heavens) and works its way to the outro.

Practically every song is about the struggle of coming up and dealing with self-confidence issues and being depressed about not being where you want to be all while dealing with your surroundings that add to the problems.

It's done to perfection where he covers many different styles of songs within that theme.

His club song is about not being able to get girls because he hasn't succeeded and gotten to a certain status in life yet.

Show Me The Good Life deals with the frightful thought of not being able to provide for his son the way he should.

Blu Collar Worker is about working hard and not getting anywhere as well as a back and forth struggle with his girl due to the hard work.

Cold Blood is about the sad state that many men fall victim to in the inner city and the impact it has on the family.

In Rememberance Of Me deals with reminiscing on your younger days because those are all you have for "good times" because you're struggling in the present.

Dancing In The Rain...do I even need to go on?