Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectBTW...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2929823&mesg_id=2930189
2930189, BTW...
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Sat May-02-15 10:12 PM
I know the doc is critical of Trombipulation and so am I (NEW DOO REVIEW!!!). HOWEVER, would the doc agree with me that they made a mistake (=one of the two, the other one being "Party people"; while they put the single-edit on rather than the tedious album-version, that shit has no business being on a comp) when they put "Agony of defeet" rather than the awesome "Let's play house" on the record?

While not BAD, "Agony..." always struck me as a blatant atempt at remaking "knee deep" and it's inferior. "Let's play house" on the other hand is not just funky as fuck but was also sampledt for the Humpty dance which was a pretty massive tune. Since a good deal of the interest in Parliament at the time was generated by the many Hip-Hop samples of their material, *I* think the compilers fucked up there.

A tiny complaint for an otherwise great comp that I just remembered when checking the tracklist again, just saying...