Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectOkay Here Goes Two
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2926369&mesg_id=2926699
2926699, Okay Here Goes Two
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Mon Apr-06-15 01:54 PM
earliest one is when me & my cousin went to the record store he bought two cassettes BDP "My Philosophy" & Raheem "Vigilante" and I bought Public Enemy "Yo! Bum Rush The Show" on cassette, so we went back to his house, he went into his brother's room to listen to Raheem & I went into his room & listened to Public Enemy.

So an hour later I finished listening and was kind of upset that even though it was their fist album it wasn't anything like their second album "ITANOMTHUB", and he tells me how he liked somewhat liked the Raheem album, so we switch rooms and he liked the P.E. album but I definitely didn't like the Raheem album at all except for one song "Dancefloor".

Of course we both listen to BDP album and both of us was hyped up about that album, I made a copy of it later on, a week later I went back to the store & switched the P.E. tape for Kool Moe Dee's "How Ya Like Me Now" album and that album sucked except for one song the album title track.

Another situation was when me & three homies came from the record store and bought three cds Mobb Deep "Juvenile Hell", Akinyele "Vagina Diner", & Hoodratz "Sneeke Muthafukaz"; so we listen to all of them back to back to back, first we listened to Mobb Deep, two of us didn't care for it while the other two did; then we listened to Akinyele, three of us liked it especially me, and then we listened to Hoodratz, two of them liked it while me & another kat thuought it was okay, to me they were better than Mobb Deep's album but still kind of boring halfway thru. Oh yeah there were two other people who came thru back & forth to listen in on the tunes too.

That was the best album session I've ever had cause usually it just involves me by myself or just another person but never like four or more kats, back then we all listened not just skip around either.