Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: You motherfuckers disgust me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2921187&mesg_id=2921276
2921276, RE: You motherfuckers disgust me
Posted by double 0, Sun Feb-22-15 12:44 PM
lol...

Touring is not enough to cut it. Rolling Stones are still one of the biggest draws around and they won't see anywhere near a stable chart position in the top 10.. D will have a crazy successful 2015 on the road and I'm sure this is actually all he wants...

BUT if we are gonna talk sales and Top 10

The top 10 is reserved for people in the larger cultural zeitgeist. VERY few have any power in that space currently. Drake has proven that he can break an act at urban (and sell a mixtape with no video) but in the case of D he isnt new, doesn't have a club hit and can't rely on an urban audience to scale.

Taylor Swifts power hits a much larger audience and she doesn't rely on "club hits" to do so. He STILL needs a version of a song that is much more stripped down and can easily play within radio formats. An acoustic version could be that. There is precedence ever since Rihanna hit with "Stay" (John Legend, Great Big World, Bruno, Rihanna again). So he could jump to that format but a TS cosign and or tour/show would sling shot that shit..

She's done it before see.. Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj