Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: How would you rank Kanye's discography?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2920946&mesg_id=2920958
2920958, RE: How would you rank Kanye's discography?
Posted by Af-1, Wed Feb-18-15 10:29 AM
(7. 808s & Heartbreak)
Ok this one is kinda null & void for me as I've never actually heard the whole thing - I've only heard 3 songs and although I totally got and respected what he was doing, I wasn't enjoying anything I heard.

6. Yeezus
This would probably change places with CD being honest but there are some great songs on this. The album's always tainted for me because when I think of the album, I'm reminded about the crazy interviews he was doing about the fashion industry at the time (see Zane Lowe) and they were definitely out there.

5. College Dropout
A couple of great songs for me but I didn't think this best represented his production. It's impact is undeniable though.

4. Graduation
'I Wonder', 'Flashing Lights', 'Good Morning', 'Can't Tell Me Nuthin'. Some great, great songs!

3. Watch the Throne
I think people forgot how good some of the songs on this set actually were: 'No Church', 'New Day', 'Primetime', etc.

2. Late Registration
I'd potentially argue that 'Addiction' is my favourite Kanye song ever.

1. MBDTF
This, along with the stuff released for GOOD Fridays, is undeniable. It's like almost every song was competing with the one before it and I'd describe it as his creative peak. Amazed at how much quality music came from these sessions.