Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHow would you rank Kanye's discography?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2920946&mesg_id=2920946
2920946, How would you rank Kanye's discography?
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Wed Feb-18-15 08:22 AM
My rankings

7. Yeezus (2013)
6. The College Dropout (2004)
5. Watch the Throne (with Jay-Z) (2011)
4. 808s & Heartbreak (2008)
3. Graduation (2007)
2. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)
1. Late Registration (2005)

LR, MBDTF & Graduation are the Ye albums I love. I don't need to explain too much. These are just the great Ye albums IMO. The skits are annoying on LR though. Still my favorite Ye album. Glad he moved away from the skits on later albums. Definitely gave those albums replay value. My favorite Ye song of all-time is on Graduation.

808s, yeah I know, wuss music right? Lean album at only 12 tracks. I skip maybe three songs on this album. I really dig the production.

WTT is the same. Lean album at 12 tracks unless you have the deluxe edition and 2 of those songs are bangers IMO. I only skip three tracks off the regular version. Production is good. It goes overboard with materialism but still a fun album.

My problem with CD is that it hasn't aged well IMO. The skits really hurt this album because the songs aren't as strong as they are on LR. There's even a point where you get two skits back to back. WTF!!! First half of the album is weak. Too many skippers for me. Ye wasn't as good at emceeing then either. The last stretch of the album from "School Spirit" through "Last Call" is classic though. You can keep most of the first half.

Yeezus is lean and half the songs suck. Not a good combination for an album and with Ye working with Paul now, this next LP might be even worse.