Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTo borrow a nickname from Star of Star and Buckwild
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2913458&mesg_id=2913820
2913820, To borrow a nickname from Star of Star and Buckwild
Posted by Numba_33, Sun Dec-21-14 04:04 PM
the issue between Chuck D and Rosenslob is still in the back of my mind in terms of my preference between Combat Jack and Juan Epstein. Call it holding onto a grudge, but I can't get that out of my head when even I think about wanting to listen to that podcast. The fact a radio DJ in NYC would disrespect a NY hip hop legend is bad enough, muchless the racial politics of it bother me too much to let that go.

That aside, I don't like listening to the Juan Epstein podcasts in general because fuckface Rosenberg tends to make the interviews about himself a bit too much, and I just don't care enough about him to want to hear him interrupt guests so he can give his six cents on what the guest is speaking on. At least I've heard that from the few episodes I tried to make it through from Juan Epstein. The Chris Rock/?uestlove episode is about the only podcast I was able to stomach in full mainly because Chris Rock was able to speak long enough to give good insight on the questions asked. While Combat Jack does interrupt guests at times, I get the feeling he cares what the guests have to say given the depth of the questions he asks the guests.