Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: How did you get all these people?!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2909288&mesg_id=2909357
2909357, RE: How did you get all these people?!?
Posted by avillago, Fri Nov-14-14 07:04 PM
Almost 4 years of hard work. It was me just networking in the industry...catching artists in studio, going to shows, meeting backstage, meet & greets, mutual friends, gatekeepers, social networking, email...whatever way I could meet the artists I wanted to work with, tell them my story, tell them about the project, building a relationship, and eventually get them to listen to the music without spamming them. Surprisingly, that was the easy part. It just took awhile because I was still working my 8-5 and became a father for the first time during the making of the album. But once the artists heard the music and liked what they heard, most of them were on board. Then it was another year or more of recording (mostly with the artists in studio & some by email), mixing the album at various studios, and mastering the album in one studio. It was truly a passion project...which is why I say "it's my first and last official album".