Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectlol, only two of those are solo Killer Mike songs though?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2908694&mesg_id=2909443
2909443, lol, only two of those are solo Killer Mike songs though?
Posted by Ketchums, Sat Nov-15-14 05:40 PM
I mean whatever. It's your loss if you're actively avoiding albums that are so incredible and that are so critically acclaimed at this point. RAP Music, RTJ and RTJ 2 were each strong candidates for the best albums from those years - and despite your first impressions (which again, only two of those are solo Killer Mike songs), I'd think that if you're a music fan that you should at least give them a listen to see what the fuss is about.

I know how first impressions can be, but if I see a lot of acclaim - especially from people whose opinions I trust to a certain extent - I'll give the new material a chance, or even give the old material a spin with fresh ears. Audio Push had given me a terrible impression early on, but one of my homies told me that their album Come As You Are was one of the best albums of that year. I gave it a spin, and they sounded like completely new artists. Some artists are able to grow/reinvent themselves - hell, that's often how the best artists manage to stay around for a while.