Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHow's that new Logic album?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2908164
2908164, How's that new Logic album?
Posted by redbaron, Mon Nov-03-14 06:20 PM

Sounds like the kids got skills...

Anybody hear it?
2908169, There is another post on logic somewhere here
Posted by Kosa12, Mon Nov-03-14 06:54 PM
Which was full of mainly negative reactions, but even though it wasn't amazing or anything, I really enjoyed it. At times it comes off as derivative though (as was pointed out in the other lesson post, Drake and even more so GKMC's influence is stamped all over the album), but the kid can spit and the beats are dope. I have followed him since his second mixtape and this is easily the best thing he has put out since, despite what I said about it being derivative earlier, its still kind of refreshing that this is a major label debut and it wasn't ruined by the things that normally come with such debuts (there are NO features on this album except in the bonus tracks). There really isn't any songs I would call wack, except maybe the intro and some of the bonus tracks. I'm interested to see where he goes from here
2908173, Can we please stop calling EVERYTHING we even moderately like
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Nov-03-14 07:25 PM
"Refreshing" or "a breath of fresh air"?

Please.

But on to my thoughts on the album.

I think the album is... kinda whatever. A solid 2.5/5 album. 3/5 if I'm being generous. It is nothing new or unique, extremely derivative... Sometimes I even wondered if I was listening to J. Cole. Sounds like Drake, sounds like Kendrick.

Raps are fine. Nothing spectacular, nothing terrible. Though he does have some very clever moments, he also has some painful ones.

Anyhow the album is just ok to me. Nothing grabbed me enough to make me even want to listen to it again. But despite that I'm gonna give it a few more spins, just to make sure.
2908278, I bought it...I like the jount.
Posted by RaphaelSoulLee, Tue Nov-04-14 03:53 PM
Not in...loove...wit' it, but I most certainly find myself giving a certain contigent of songs a couple spins everyday since I bought it. That was last Monday. I think it has certainly grown on me, for sure. I'm happy for the kid. Seems super humble in all of his interviews and worked hard to get where he is. I'm rootin' for cuz!