Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: agreed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2904458&mesg_id=2904736
2904736, RE: agreed
Posted by FrancisC, Thu Oct-09-14 04:27 AM
Definitely worth noting - that RCA box set is incredible. Since it also compiles most (all?) of her outtakes from that era as bonus tracks for each album too, it's a goldmine even if you have some of the original albums, and a steal at the price.

The 'Four Women' box set does cover all of her Philips albums - and was one the first things that I purchased when I first got into her music, so I'm very fond of it. I find her albums in this era quite variable quality-wise compared to the Colpix and RCA eras (especially as there's only one live album, when a lot of her best and most consistent albums for the other two labels were concert recordings), but the best songs are some of the absolute peaks of her career, so I think they're well worth getting.

While there's no comparative Colpix box, the reissues that they did of (most of) her albums from that era around 2005 were great, and had a healthy amount of outtakes as well. I think they're out of print now, but still available digitally on itunes etc.

Francis.