Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: its dumb cuz getting his old ass band
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2898239&mesg_id=2906877
2906877, RE: its dumb cuz getting his old ass band
Posted by murph71, Fri Oct-24-14 12:30 PM
>back is not gonna hip any young bucks to him and would really
>only appeal to fans from his heyday.
>
>I'm good with no Revolution regroups. that goose is cooked. it
>had its run and I appreciate what they did, but we don't need
>more from that collective.

Indeed....Revolution reunions are not what's up...

Let's be real....If people believe that an artist who is nearly 40 years into his career is showing an inability to sell 100,000 his first week is proof that the youth r not fucking with Prince then they are not looking at the whole picture...

It's been proven time and time again....Prince will go down as one of the singular talents of the last 35 plus years; a visionary who basically delivered one of the greatest 10 year periods of any act whether it's the Beatles, Stevie, MJ, Joni M., Bowie, ect....

The problem is Prince is also a bit delusional and has shown he doesn't give one fuck....lol..He thinks he can just drop product and keep it moving...

Think about it. Dude drops his best album in years with Art Official Age...And what does he do? Leaks a few album cuts online, has a puzzling stream with Maya looking crazy and releases not one but TWO albums on the same day with little self-promotion....

That's classic Prince. The musical guest spot on SNL he's about to do with Chris Rock should have been done before the release. The video he was supposedly shooting, nowhere to be seen...The reason why Prince did well sales wise with previous '00 albums like Musicology, 3121, and LOtUSFLOW3R and MPLSoUND is he played the game...He appeared on talk shows; knocked out videos, did a string of interviews, and made himself visible to public whether through touring for the album or making a surprise guest spot...

I know from my recent dealings with some folks from Warner Bros. that they have been baffled by Prince's stand-offish energy with these latest projects...Even Barbara Streisand, who HATES doing interviews, was out there promoting her music doing Jimmy Fallon and talking to various media outlets....

The truth is Prince will be fine overall. He can still sell-out a 20,000 seater with just a week's notice. But if dude wants that novice 17 year old to know why he is one of the GOATS he has to chill with that mystery shit...

And as 15 once said, making your music/videos more available to the YouTube's of the world would help as well...

But we all know Prince don't care about that shit...lol...That's why he's fucking Prince....