Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Murph....ITunes charts ain't the Billboard chart...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2898239&mesg_id=2899888
2899888, RE: Murph....ITunes charts ain't the Billboard chart...
Posted by murph71, Wed Sep-03-14 02:55 PM
Nah..I think we all have to step into the world of 2014....Itunes means a lot to music acts and the music industry TODAY...Hell...Itunes basically changed the way people consume music, damn near put ALL traditional music retailers out of business and is used as the new barometer for ONLINE record sales....

Again...I don't mind people saying they hate "Clouds" and "U Know"...Lord knows I've hated my fair share of Prince songs...lol

But let's not be all cheeky on some but-but-but-it's-only-ITUNES!!!...lol...When Beyonce sold over 600,000 copies of her album via Itunes no one was screaming, "BUT IT'S NOT BILLBOARD"...Ha!...The sales ranking is not pre-sale...Dude just released the song on Itunes for purchase. And people are buying it...

Given that online sales have taken over retail scans and Itunes is the leader in that former category then Itunes matters...A lot...

I love the Lesson...But sometimes we all tend to be in a little bubble. I do it myself sometimes....But this is the world we are in today. Itunes means as much and at times more than Billboard....