Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: He needs someone LIKE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2898239&mesg_id=2899593
2899593, RE: He needs someone LIKE
Posted by murph71, Tue Sep-02-14 09:26 AM
>W&L

No...he doesn't....
>I don't want the 80's nor would i like for him to get back
>with those folks

Nah...I'm good. I was old enough to experience that era at an age that I could really understand what was going on....I'm good...

>(Well, kinda)

Nah....

>But i've made peace with that

I'm with u...U def. should...No sense in living in the past...

>When i mention them, its because they (and a few others) were
>the ones that called him on his BS

They didn't call shit...lol

Prince let them have more control on the Parade album...One of my favorite joints...But let's not go crazy here...Prince was still boss man...There's a reason why Dream Factory never came out...It was Prince's most collaborative effort...Which is why the man freaked out, took the "W&L"/Revolution tracks off and went for dolo on SOTT...Prince was great either way...

>He needs that
>I refuse to accept good from someone who still has the ability
>to deliver great
>Flashes of that still appear every now and again
>Bro I don't want grumpy old prince
>But theres nothing wrong with maturity
>I want prince to wake the fuck up and get real
>Dude is pushing 60 and has been through some shit
>Probably still going through some shit
>Show some truth and maturity in the songs
>Something more than machismo and silly crushes on women that
>he can't really bang because of his religion
>Is that asking too much?

U mad because Prince still likes the fuck?...lol...Dylan's last albums were filled with songs about dude fucking...Nigga had a Victoria's Secret ad....

I want Prince to get the same long leash as white rockers who r allowed to go back to their base sound or just do them without getting called out because they are not reaching their peak or expanding the minds of listeners...I want Prince to be able to make music without his fans screaming "where's the genius" as if this dude has to be on some Super Magical Negro shit...

I would rather hear "Clouds" and "U Know" than "WHITECAPS" (which by the way sounds like it was made during a JW retreat) ANY day...lol

I've been through the horrible years of P....The years where he was a punchline....If people think that the new material he has been dropping is on THAT bullshit they are not being honest....Or they are reacting to their own musical bias...

When P drops a turd (The original "R&R Love Affair") I will def. call him on it like I've always done....

But I like this "fresh" Prince I've been hearing...Unshackled by his past and his fans who long for the days he let W&L get their shine...

It's 2014....Prince will never reach the heights he did of his prime because that's what happens to all the greats...Prince is no different...he blew his wad has had the most prolific decade of any pop star...I'm shocked he even was able to rock out at a high level in the studio for more than 6 years at the rate he was going...

Bottom line: I'm not mad at this R&B CHAMBER PRINCE...But of course I like more than just the ATWIAD/Parade/Dream Factory era....

I like R&B RADIO Prince too....