Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectINVISIBLE BULLY LIKE THE GOOCH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2894714
2894714, INVISIBLE BULLY LIKE THE GOOCH
Posted by jeanlouis61, Thu Jul-31-14 08:58 AM
you know that people still get this line wrong and think that Biggie was dissing the roots. On the Juan Epstein podcast with Kanye,Ye still thinks Biggie said "the roots". Like, you hang with Quest all the time.......really?

any other misheard lyrics that people still get wrong. I remember the whole Electric Relaxation thing...............

2894732, regardless, Biggie was a self destructive asshole
Posted by CalvinButts, Thu Jul-31-14 10:44 AM
2894733, so....which of his songs were your favorite?
Posted by jeanlouis61, Thu Jul-31-14 10:51 AM
2894734, Kick in the Door & Who Sot Ya
Posted by CalvinButts, Thu Jul-31-14 11:11 AM
2894852, self destructive asshole? Please explain
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Fri Aug-01-14 06:58 AM
2894891, lol, you've listened to his music right?
Posted by CalvinButts, Fri Aug-01-14 09:16 AM
i doubt dude would even disagree w/ me himself

the final song on his first album was about how foul he was & he proceeded to "destroy" himself on the record

death & destruction were the main themes of his music

he essentially never had a single song that, when actually listened to beyond the hook, had a positive message or offered anything to learn from

he had a large part in legitimizing the freak show that is modern rap music

"one or two suckas, ignorant brothas, tryna rob & steal from one another..."

he was an amazing talent but he had absolutely no sense of morality to him at all beyond get money, fuck bitches & punk other dudes...i'm sorry but that's the template for self destruction & reflects the barren wasteland of Rap culture in 2014 to a T
2894845, electric relaxation is not a 'misheard line'
Posted by spirit, Fri Aug-01-14 03:22 AM
'electric relaxation' is tip and them deliberately mumblemouthing a chorus and laughing like hell for 20 years.

i still thinks it's "peace I'd planned," no matter what they say it is. LMAO.

I'll even accept "pre-set plan."

I will never accept that they said "please set-tle down." Never, never, never. It's three syllables. They might have wanted to say "please set-tle down" in their heart of hearts, but when they stepped in that booth, they said something with three syllables.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com
2894851, Peace that clam.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Aug-01-14 06:30 AM
2894853, RE: electric relaxation is not a 'misheard line'
Posted by jeanlouis61, Fri Aug-01-14 07:19 AM
there have been discussions before......its Please settle down. Qtip supposedly said it in an interview once. but i am sure that Tribe enjoys the intrigue behind it.