Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectfirst video that comes up when you google his name
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2894655&mesg_id=2895273
2895273, first video that comes up when you google his name
Posted by CalvinButts, Mon Aug-04-14 12:10 PM
the recent song produced by Oddisee, Money Matters

it's a good song

but towards the end of the 1st verse and for really the whole 2nd verse he's talking down to folks, telling them how they are mismanaging their money and need to do a better job of it

i understand rappers talking down to their audience is essentially in the job description, but sometimes, as a working person myself who has trouble saving money due to the cost of living vs. what i make, i'd rather not hear some rapper telling me i'm not doing it right

if i wanna blow my cash on a stack of vinyl b/c it makes my life better, who the &^%* is he to tell me i should bank it instead?

the worst part (lol) is he's presenting it as though he's trying to educate and help the masses, speaking to his peers on equal terms, but he's giving instructions to other grown men on how to live, we're grown, we know this shit, life is not a rap song homie.

(awaits "aw you took it personally, stop being a hit dog baby and save more money or shut up" response)