Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectAnyone interested in a ''guide'' through Cecil's discography?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2893504&mesg_id=2893807
2893807, Anyone interested in a ''guide'' through Cecil's discography?
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Fri Jul-25-14 08:36 PM
I've noticedn throughout this thread that people in general seem to thimk Cecil is one of the wacker avantgardists, the type of dude that gives the genre a bad name. To me, he's the undisputed, uncompromising free-jazz GOAT for na variety of reasons and since I'm a big fan of the genre, I can¨t help but feel a bit saddened by the responses...

Anyway, since Cecil is my favorite artist by far *and* i'm on vacation and I just love to discuss dudes music, it would be cool to start a Cecil-thread *within* this post but if tjere's no interest and "everyone" thinks he's a self-indulgent noise-maker, what's the point?'

Anyway, in case anyone cares, let me know and I will gradually write reviews of all his albums I've heard and shit and share
my* opinions (no offense to pinhead Scott Yanow but his reviews kind of suck; when I wrote "challenging but rewarding" as a headline of my admittedly wack review of "Unit Structures" on Amazon, it was meant as a piss-take (seriously, it was; if youv'e read any of Yanow's free-jazz reviews you'll get it...))...