Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm not gonna debate if it's 'sad'.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2880931&mesg_id=2881125
2881125, I'm not gonna debate if it's 'sad'.
Posted by denny, Thu Apr-17-14 04:03 AM
but what do you guys think about 'black ice'?

To me, that album rocks hard. And what other act can put out an album that good so much longer than their supposed prime? That shit is better than ANYTHING that the White Stripes have done. And yah...Can't think of another act that has done it THAT good after such a long time.

I welcome anyone to name some names in counter. The new Bowie album is pretty good...but he doesn't go back in time like them. Unless I'm forgetting something....there ain't noone.

To bring it back...it's all because of a Malcolm. He's the bandleader....he's the songwriter...he's the guy that designed their whole ride. Casual fans don't know that. Malcolm's the dude responsible for their whole sound, past and present.

And also, FUCK grace slick. Jefferson Airplane fucking sucked. And so did anything they did afterwards. That shit is the most overrated hippie music of all time. I can't even hear that shit without rolling my eyes.

And another thing....I'm loving that guitar magazine thing where they say ACDC get their tone by turning the amplifiers down. I say that all the time. Turn the amp down, turn the mic up. Now you can hear some details in the sound.