Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectGood example. There's a lot of Snoop/Death Row ones.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2873791&mesg_id=2873926
2873926, Good example. There's a lot of Snoop/Death Row ones.
Posted by Brew, Thu Mar-06-14 11:35 AM
I ain't got time to youtube all of them but I recommend trying to find the ones I speak of below. First one though is Kanye's "Family Business" which I thought was better with the stripped down, traditional piano rather than the glittered up one.

Snoop and Dre - Tha Next Episode
(there's a version that was released years ago that I heard that was 100% different, that was supposed to be on Doggystyle but didn't make it cause of sample clearance issues. 100x better than the one from 1999, which was good but just didn't hit like the first)

Snoop - County Blues
(for the "Dead Man Walking" album they dressed this one up, when it didn't need it. It sounded perfect the way it used to be. I'm not even sure you could find the original anymore but I had the original version on an old computer from the late 90s which was posted up with some other rare gems on www.snoopsdogghouse.com)

Tha Dogg Pound - Every Single Day
(there's a radio version of this song that was released years back that I'm sure a lot of you heard...it was stripped down to just the guitar lick and drums and sounded way better. The version that ended up on another one of those Suge Knight "I wish I still mattered" Death Row albums added this strange distortion sound that was mixed wayyyy too loud, was unnecessary, and took away from the heart of the beat. Song was still dope but that sound was too much)