Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject"You Got Me" Is That One Song I've Always Hated By Them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2872619&mesg_id=3016566
3016566, "You Got Me" Is That One Song I've Always Hated By Them
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Fri May-31-19 08:14 PM
To me they got quite a few terrible songs but the majority of them are on the Def Jam albums but during their Geffen/Universal years "You Got Me" is the only song I hated when I first heard it and it still is, I refuse to even listen to it when it comes on the radio or a mix.

Now there was a dope remix of "You Got Me" titled "The Me Tienes Remix" that featured Mercedes Martinez from the Jazzyfatnastees was good, that should've been the regular version but I guess when The Roots did that remix song for Tracie Spencer "It's All About You (Not Me)" I think Geffen wanted the same vibe to make The Roots have a radio/crossover hit...and it worked but it turned me off.

But I'm used to some of my favorite artists selling out cause they need a hit cause the label isn't in the business of signing acts cause they like music; sometimes a radio/crossover hit turns out to be sort of a favorite with some artists' catalog while other times it's that eyesore listeners usually try to forget about.