Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectdo you think trinidad james' contract had a 1 year buyers remorse period?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2866058
2866058, do you think trinidad james' contract had a 1 year buyers remorse period?
Posted by otto_von_piffmarck, Fri Jan-17-14 04:07 PM
hard to explain how he "evaporated" from internet media outlet coverage somewhere during the course of 2013, despite continuously releasing new content.

do you think labels use and evoke the "charles hamilton clause" once they realize you're all used up (despite not ever releasing a physical product with them)?

another "exotic" term of the nouveau 360 deal?

what do you think?
2866128, i'd be honored and humbled if i had his career.
Posted by Joe Corn Mo, Fri Jan-17-14 11:30 PM
he wrote a transcendent pop song.
i've never been able to do that, and it's not for lack of trying.

i've only written 2 songs that were catchy enough to get stuck in my own head,
and they weren't anywhere near as brilliant as "all gold everything."

legends have dozens of transcendent songs.
Trinidad James was brilliant enough to write one.

pretty amazing if you ask me.
2866130, I said it a year ago....that song became TOO BIG for him to ever
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Jan-17-14 11:42 PM
even have a Soulja Boy type of career. When your first hit is THAT big, yet it's based off of novelty and catchiness? When it burns out....NOBODY wants to ever, ever ever hear it again. It even becomes a Boo-able track...meaning, if I play it now, I could even get booed if it's not the right crowd.

And with that, it means NOTHING even if he made a grip of dope songs. And they could be dope in a T.I. type way, or even in an entertaining 2 Chainz/Juicy J type of way...I feel that song and his whole image just made him an instant "15 minutes and you're done. No dude, we're at minute 16...you're DONE!!!" type.
2866144, I like his feature he did with Spitta though ...
Posted by QBoogie, Sat Jan-18-14 08:57 AM
2866192, thanks.
Posted by otto_von_piffmarck, Sat Jan-18-14 06:00 PM
2895036, ^up for "relevancy"
Posted by febreeze, Sat Aug-02-14 02:01 AM
2895042, Riff Raff happened
Posted by mrshow, Sat Aug-02-14 02:15 AM