Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectYes, I think I've heard almost all of his features
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2863754&mesg_id=2863976
2863976, Yes, I think I've heard almost all of his features
Posted by mashpg89, Thu Jan-02-14 05:17 PM
I love his work on Jonwayne projects, dig the stuff he does with BJR, and enjoy his collabs with devon and mndsgn.

I got put on to him by the Lesson and immediately connected with his music. I'm pretty sure I have all of his releases:

ennui (1)
ennui (2)
ennui (3)
Sound 0
+++++ (my favorite)
tape
More Throwaways
G7 University
Elliot Blaqbird
Bred: A Dedication
Dead: A Bredication
Awfulalterations
as well as a lot of features and unreleased songs.

I got all of these around the same time and played through his entire catalog. He's my favorite rapper right now, and my go-to suggestion when people ask me to put them on to some new Hip Hop. I even like the experimental stuff he did with SameGheng.

All that being said, he seems like an artist that is following his own path and doesn't care much about recognition or the industry. I've already gotten so much good music (and memories from listening to it) from him, and it's not fair to be disappointed at him going in new directions, but dammit I just want more raps from him.

I was mostly disappointed with Bred because his lyrics, which I think are what make him one of the best rappers out right now, were inaudible. He's got some good beats, and I like the production he's done for Low Leaf, but he's a far better emcee. I don't even want some official release from him or anything, just another tape like +++++ or Awfulalterations where he's spitting bars on every song.