Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMorality has nothing to do with it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2858868&mesg_id=2859772
2859772, Morality has nothing to do with it
Posted by Luke Cage, Thu Dec-05-13 02:52 PM
He's always been a sexual artist that's not the issue. This isn't "Ignition", "Feeling On Yo Booty" or even "I Like The Crotch In You". Those were raunchy, fun, sexual songs. Nothing on this album feels like that. Nothing on this album is as good as those songs. This feels forced, corny and fake and like he is trying to hard to be what he believes is "relevant".
>
>Yes, for the modern era. We're talking about that "r&b thug,
>hood" shit in
>r&b. Prince wasn't tryna be no gangsta, lol wtf.
>
>
>
>
>>>LOL!!!! These cats' whole style is patterned after Kellz.
>>>Kellz is just doing him.
>>
>>No these new songs are definitely pandering to a much
>younger
>>audience. Kells core audience is over the age of 40 and they
>>definitely aren't "in da club".
>
>
>
>And? It's still his style. You gonna tell him he can't rock
>with the shit HE
>started because he's 46 now? Hell he was getting up there in
>age when
>he started some of this shit in the first place. That doesn't
>matter. You're
>focusing on the wrong thing. This about music... not a
>morality board.

He can rock whatever he wants to rock I'm just giving you my view of how it comes across. In general people don't write the same way at 46 that they do at 26 and they rarely regress which this clearly is compared to his own discography. I am focussing on the music. It's not good. The lyrics aren't good. Put it this way if he came out Black Panties style in the early 90's he wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as he has been. You can act like this is on par with 12 Play or The R if you want to. I know that it's not and I don't need to make excuses and pretend that it is in the name of keeping it real.
>
>
>
>
>