Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSo Lesson come "help" me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2857426&mesg_id=2857426
2857426, So Lesson come "help" me
Posted by astralblak, Thu Nov-21-13 11:15 PM
i've mined the discogs of many of the greats over my 30+ yrs on this earth.

even with my great need to hear music old and new, like any one i have holes in my "archeology of modern music"

one of my shameful holes is Parliament/Funkadelic

of course i've heard SOME of the hits, a couple of the deep cuts (thanks to Chocolate City in the EARLY 00s), but never sat with any of the albums.

i go to wiki.. and holy shit both factions / incarnations of George's mind have over a combined 25 studio lps. Last time i went that tough with one artist it was with Miles, and I'm still only around half of his discog, and that was years ago.

so I'm asking the Heads, what are the essential (IN YOUR OPINION) 5-8 albums from either "group". As an adult i just don't have the time to dig like i use to.

Please feel free to list your choices of albums and include youtube links to cuts you feel are vital. suggest chronology or disorder, albums to avoid, or important information of group members and direction

if your too uppity and wanna do the whole just go look yourself shit, DONT. i actually value many of your thought, idea and suggestions. and the whole point of the internet initially was not just go to one source wiki or youtube for answers.

yall are living breathing music nerds like me in code, so suggest/school away

:)