Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectP Funk had hits in the 70's however they were more of a black thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2852249&mesg_id=2852385
2852385, P Funk had hits in the 70's however they were more of a black thing
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Oct-30-13 01:33 PM
i mean even Automic Dog which back in 82/83 was arugably the 2nd most important R&B hit to MJ's Billie Jean and that was a Mainly a Black thing until Hip Hop took over.

New Jack Swing and Hip Hop got P Funk there long overdue. Digital Underground, De La SOul, Snoop, Dr Dre, and others got on board the Mothership and it took off once the albums got brought back into Print/

however Clinton and Crew were always huge in Black Households, white folks loved We Want the Funk, and Flashlight and some other hits, however it was seen as either too Black or a Novelty.

because the Imagery of P Funk had some folks thinking they were on that Black version of kiss tip which is wrong/

Clinton had a true dream team of musical talent. i mean as far as instrumentalists and versatility go P Funk is the baddest band of Musicians from One Band bar none IMO. however their albums to me were hit and miss.

but if we strickly talking about musicianship then they are the cream of the croup