Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectno i didn't
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2848429&mesg_id=2849037
2849037, no i didn't
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Oct-18-13 12:27 AM
Nirvana had a impact with the seattle sound, however Pearl Jam had more impact and i have heard more PJ clones than Nirvana. aside from Silverchair who else exactly sounded like Nirvana?

Pearl Jam left Nirvana in the dust. i beg to differ because Pearl Jam was on Sony music back then and money was on them regardless.

don't act like Pearl Jam was going to need another hand in the race like Alice in chains or Mudhoney.

my band Soundgarden did their own thing and they didn't need Nirvana to hit.

Cobain was already talking trash about Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam calling corporate and a Sell Outs, etc... he knew they were going to blow up though. why is that again?

Scarface evolved however he had that blueprint from the geto boys. you notice how Face and Cube sounded good together also Face and Pac.

some folks back in the day thought the Geto Boys were from NY.

they had some folks scared with how they were coming out of the gate and yet there was room for them and NWA. the all star lineup of Cube, Dre and Eazy made them more legendary and them being from the west coast at the time.

however Hip Hop had room for all back then.

Nirvana had impact, however Cobain and Nirvana knew Pearl Jam was going to blow up and as a matter of fact "ten" was a big album. acting like "Jeremy" was a household cut?
turkey please