Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectspent the weekend watching various live clips throughout the years
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2844181&mesg_id=2844421
2844421, spent the weekend watching various live clips throughout the years
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Sep-30-13 10:13 AM
he lipsync'd a lot. it always kinda makes sense in context, but at the same time... it's not so much a matter of thinking he couldn't sing them songs, but the idea that he was actually singing them songs while moving around the stage like that was part of the super humanness of him. This all makes it more strategized smoke and mirrors. But again seems more like a trend post 90's. I'm glad my show was before that because he was singing his ass off on that tour. His headset mic though... that's his tell. Cat will be grabbing on to that thing for life, to make you feel like he's really trying to sing into it... LOL!!

MAXXX I'm not trying to downplay MJ at all. Just calling it like I see it.

It's funny how the whole notion of lip syncing changed over time though. At one point I thought, what made Milli Vinilli getting caught seem so bad? I don't recall it being that the folk who were actually singing were back stage and we saw them? We just found out they weren't singing live. But in the press it was always connected to them not singing on the albums. How the fuck did that leap happen? Which makes me think, were they set up?

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."