Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectit really just never occurred to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2844181&mesg_id=2844325
2844325, it really just never occurred to me
Posted by imcvspl, Sun Sep-29-13 08:34 PM
i don't be going back on shit like that too much. I mean it's a classic performance for the moonwalk. And so often that's all you ever see. Showing the whole clip to the kids for the first time this weekend is how i took notice. And I did that after seeing another clip on youtube and thinking why am i showing them him doing a lip sync performance of the original performance, only to find out the original was a lip sync performance.

The idea of Mike lip syncing before the 90's to that point was an absurdity, and yet there he was. My whole childhood was in the balance. Dare I do the search that could destroy all myths. Took me a couple of hours to gather the strength, but I finally sought out the Bad tour footage. Cause if he lip synched his way through that, I really would have felt duped cause that shit literally shaped my impression of him. Thankfully hew as doing 90:10 real singing to backing vocals back then. I'm guessing it was around the 90's that he went so heavy with it.

Shit made me think for real though, ain't no way MJ would have been able to hold up vocally for them 50 dates dancing and all at the same time.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."