Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: thing is,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2833140&mesg_id=2834526
2834526, RE: thing is,
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Aug-21-13 02:19 AM
however R.Kelly is a respected songwriter and it ain't like he had a beat maker standing behind him pushing the buttons to craft his songs.

yeah we can sit here and pull this or that however Kells ain't had to say oh please don't sue me because such and such sounds like this or that.

you see that is where THicke failed, had he said from the get go this song was inspired by Marvin Gaye then he wouldn't have been in this jam.

also feelin single was credited to Bill Withers as a co writer.

R made songs as a tribute to acts he loved as to taken said songs and claiming them.

R ain't never had no estate say we gonna sue you for this or that.

i've followed dude's career since jump and nothing what thicke is dealng with has happen to R. like I said thicke brought this on himself.

that's the point and folks who are defending thicke in here are missing, thicke came out and said if the Gaye estate sues well here is how i will protect myself as to saying yeah the songs sound alike to alot of folks,etc.. so here is what i'm going to do. he messed up.