Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Yay! My first reply from Maxx!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2833140&mesg_id=2834272
2834272, RE: Yay! My first reply from Maxx!
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Aug-20-13 02:55 PM
>It's a pleasure to finally meet you...virtually.
>
>I am aware of your interests and your colorful posting style
>on these boards. Since you've decided to sit on my porch, I'm
>now interested in hearing the longer version of your story if
>you have time. Do you care to elaborate on why you feel that
>Thicke should pay up?
>
>Another question...and this is open for anyone to answer.
>What is your definition of a "culture bandit" and why do you
>consider Robin Thicke to be one?
>
>

peace to you man. well straight to the chase thicke and Pharell blurred those lines pun itended. they know it and they made themselves guilty.

this is how it sounds to me, I love Marvin gaye, however you ain't going to get a dime off my song sounding like his.

sorry but you ain't just been in a studio with pharell and TI and just so happen to have a song that sounds like that and play it off like you don't hear it.

its going to be settled out of court and we all know lawyers run the business. Artists get the counterfiet dollars to front on a budget however you bring a hit in and they will deal with the legal later.

you see a cat like THicke can play, sing and write so why doesn't he showcase his own skills? also nothing else on his new album is this blatant and their is a reason for that. dude wanted to make a killing with a Lead off money track and lets be real, a cat like Thicke needed a Hit because his hit less streak over the past few albums was a real "Growing Pain" for him and his career.

Culture Bandit well its obvious he wants to be loved and wanted by the black COmmunity and he tries extra hard to fit in, problem is if you got a song you never have to use a puppet string puller like Pharell to pull your strings if you got the goods.

Bobby Caldwell, Gino Vannelli, Michael Mcdonald,Darryl Hall, Phil Collins, Boz Scaggs, Dr John,George Michael, amongest others didn't have to water down what was already their.

THicke thinks by having R&B based sounds and pharell around him. etc.. that is going to make him more down. he really wants to be the ultimate R&B White accepted cross over act and yet while he has talent, he just ain't that deep, to me he is even worse than Michael Bolton and I can almost take Bolton because he cut that mess out.

Right Now Thicke is the George Zimmerman of Music and you can Quote me on that.