Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyou're skipping ahead!! LOL!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2831402&mesg_id=2831499
2831499, you're skipping ahead!! LOL!
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Aug-12-13 07:17 PM
>I've not heard that phrase before.

You put in 'scale', variability is the language. It says that music is the variable manipulation of sound frequencies as an expressive art. With 'all of sound' as potentially manipulated, identified as variable or the varied nature of sound, historically human beings have grown in the levels of variability. Electronic takes that a step further.

>It isn't clear what you mean by "reconstruction" and
>"deconstruction" here. You seem to be using them
>interchangeably.

Intentionally so yet to remain distinctly different. As they are similar but not 'the same'. Deconstruction is the taking apart of the elements so as to only use parts in the construction of something other. Reconstruction is the taking apart of a thing to reshape it into the something other.

>"Foundational construction." "Palates." I'm thinking that if
>you simplified your language, your point would be a lot
>clearer.

It's a later point, which isn't necessarily going to be even touched on in this series. But yeah pulled out as two phrases it seems complicated and I don't know that it's not. Further I don't know that it can not be at this juncture. It's a later point which the language of variability will help elucidate.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."