Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectGenerally agree but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2825767&mesg_id=2827020
2827020, Generally agree but...
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Tue Jul-30-13 12:20 PM
...I'm not sure I'd call Quorthon a true introvert. Musically, he was since he was alone and he was never even remotely interested in being part of a scene. Even in sweden and stockholm, when members of younger metal-bands ran into him and threw up the horns on some "Wer'e not worthy"-shit, he seemed embarassed from what I've heard.

At the same time however, dude was into hockey and pussy and was a frequent guest at Cafe Opera and other fancy bars in Stockholm. I think he wanted to keep his music and that persona separate from his personal life which by most accounts was pretty normal even if I guess he might have been some kind of loner. Actually, he recalled running into famous director Jonas Åkerlund who of course was an OG Bathory-member and Jonas asked him what he was doing musically now and he said "Bathory" and Jonas cracked up because he had no idea about the cult-status of that band, he said something like "What? You are still doing that shit?". That's how far removed he was from mainstream culture in sweden and he never even remotely tried to become a part of it, not even the underground metal scene...