Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMy cousin sent me a copy of Silk Pyramids by Meyhem Lauren
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2812116&mesg_id=2888555
2888555, My cousin sent me a copy of Silk Pyramids by Meyhem Lauren
Posted by dilslot, Wed Jun-11-14 01:28 PM
He's got a weird shaped head (there's a picture of him without a hat on the inside of the cover, he kind of looks like Mr. Potato head or a beluga whale with glasses, I'm torn between the two) but when you look past that the album's pretty good. I told my cousin on the phone that I thought it was solid queens street shit and he just laughed at me. He never told me why though so maybe he was just laughing at something his brother (Daryl) was doing in the background. His brother's pretty funny in a "you laugh at him" kind of way, so it's very possible. There was one time when we were eating dinner with Daryl and he was eating coleslaw. Every time he took a bite of his cole slaw he would get some on his cheek and he never even noticed it. At first it was kind of annoying but then it just got funnier as dinner progressed. My cousin and I were cracking up and couldn't stop laughing the whole time and Daryl started getting really pissed. Of course that made us laugh even more, and finally after we had been laughing at him for about half an hour out of nowhere Daryl picked up one of the hot dogs that was on his plate and stuffed it in his pants. I looked at my cousin like "What the heck is your brother doing?" Then he unzipped his fly and pulled the hot dog out and started screaming at us. He was really cursing up a storm and he kept screaming "SUCK IT YOU LITTLE RANDY'S!! SUCK IT!" And by this point me and my cousin were really laughing hysterically, I mean almost choking on our food. And then Daryl goes "WHAT!!?? IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!??" and he starts squirting mustard all over the hot dog in some kind of crazy rage and suddenly runs over to where I'm sitting and just starts shoving the hotdog in my mouth and mashing it in my face, but he's like half humping me, half just smushing the hot dog in my face with his hands. It was crazy. You ever have something send you into hysterics but then suddenly something makes you angry too? Like if someone tickles you and at first it's funny but then it gets really annoying but you're laughing too hard to show how annoyed you are? It's very frustrating. I got really pissed when he started mushing my face with the hot dog and messing up my glasses but I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop and so I just started swinging at him since the words wouldn't come. Then my cousin was like, "Break it up! Break it up, you guys!" and came over to separate us. Everything got real quiet and awkward after that and we ended up finishing our dinner in silence, but when I look back on it now, it was really funny. Classic Daryl.

So anyway, the Meyhem Lauren album is pretty good. He's got this one song, "Can't Fuck 'em All," that's probably my favorite. The chorus goes something like, "I can't fuck em all, I can't fuck em all" and my neighbor Cliff loves to sing that part. I told Daryl he should make a remix called "I Can't Fuck Any of Them" and he just gave me a blank look. I don't know if Daryl's all there. His family probably should have gotten him tested at school when he was little, but they moved around so much I don't think they ever had the time.

Can't test 'em all.