Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti ain't said nothing wrong from my take
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2810151&mesg_id=2810702
2810702, i ain't said nothing wrong from my take
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Jun-05-13 11:34 AM
i loved Mayfield as a kid. my homies who lived around my block when i lived in H town worshipped at the altar of curtis mayfield ok?

if you have been in my old hood you would have thought it
chi town south side with the love he got. 5 homies deep sanging curtis mayfield stuff like the world was ending at noon. mayfield, roger troutman, rick james,MJ, frankie beverly and maze and a few others had it like that around my way.

the impressions loved the singles were a winner and choice of colors are staples no doubt. jerry butler was mayfield's dean martin, loved butler.

i like curtis albums however his soundtracks and orchestrations moved me. musically he was in that Isacc Hayes barry white area of that full sound of sophistication.

you are entitled to who you think reigns in the chi just as i am entitle to whom i know rules the chi, nobody is right or wrong.

i know about his guitar playing and impact, hendrix, clapton and u think jeff beck all acknowledged him. i know john mayer loves his stuff.

its just his soundtrack stuff to my ears as a kid moved me far more. him and Aretha, gladys, the staple singers, now that is where to me he really shinned and with linda clifford.