Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTalk about 'non-existant' music you'd like to hear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2792861&mesg_id=2792861
2792861, Talk about 'non-existant' music you'd like to hear
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Apr-02-13 11:29 PM
Interpret this however you want but stick to a sound or sentiment you have yet to find in music. I'll start:

I'd really like to hear music that at its heart is dance based. When you hear it it automatically makes you want to move your feet. But it's a slow build. It pulls you in right away but that's the catch because there's still more to come. This is where it gets tricky though, because I want it to be so infectious you're automatically addicted to it. It's the only thing you want to hear and feel and move to. But then a few minutes in it completely fucks with you by lyrically turning to a level of social introspection that makes you reevaluate yourself. It's a level of introspection that so real you're uncomfortable, almost afraid of it and if you could you would turn it off, but the music already has you moving and you are trapped in its groove for the duration. So much so that even after its done and you've been through the emotional rollercoaster it takes you through you still don't hesitate to play it again.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."