Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectso where's that new damu the fudgemunk/y society?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2768311
2768311, so where's that new damu the fudgemunk/y society?
Posted by rmcphedr, Tue Jan-08-13 09:21 PM
anyone have any details? seems like the redef records trailer for the new y society album came out forever ago. they been promising a new damu beat tape for a minute too. hopefully this isn't the indie version of the 'detox'.
2768350, shit. where has Insight disappeared to?
Posted by judono, Wed Jan-09-13 12:06 AM
his run from 2002 - 2007 was tufff (aside from the count bass d collab album, insight went ghost)
2768590, RE: i read somewhere he's living in germany
Posted by rmcphedr, Wed Jan-09-13 09:22 PM
but yeah, him over some ill beats? sheeeeeeittttttt. still waiting on that y society. should be dope if it ever comes out
2768893, truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue
Posted by mtbatol, Thu Jan-10-13 11:05 PM
More Y Society would get my google play monies yesterday
2768695, still waiting...
Posted by BNueve, Thu Jan-10-13 11:26 AM
always checking for new stuff from that camp though.
2768714, RE: so where's that new damu the fudgemunk/y society?
Posted by Original Juice, Thu Jan-10-13 12:40 PM
word. they kinda teased us with..

don't do it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ciCM6_rRI

..then disappeared.
2768720, based on recent ReDef tweets it seems Damu maybe quit the game?
Posted by philpot, Thu Jan-10-13 01:12 PM
stuff like he hasnt been in contact w/ them & he said music was becoming too much like a job or something

not sure of the reality tho obviously
2768828, RE: based on recent ReDef tweets it seems Damu maybe quit the game?
Posted by rmcphedr, Thu Jan-10-13 06:59 PM
say it ain't so!
2768894, You're gonna have me curse out the fucking internets n shit
Posted by mtbatol, Thu Jan-10-13 11:06 PM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!
2769362, i'm gonna call Damu today
Posted by Mash_Comp, Sun Jan-13-13 02:33 PM
If he has quit, I don't blame him. He's dope and all but the game is rigged.

2769457, let us know how it goes
Posted by rmcphedr, Sun Jan-13-13 08:36 PM
man, if he's quit i'll be devastated. my favourite hip hop producer out today by a fair distance
2769463, real shit
Posted by Small Pro, Sun Jan-13-13 09:47 PM
>If he has quit, I don't blame him. He's dope and all but the
>game is rigged.

2769731, ...
Posted by rmcphedr, Mon Jan-14-13 09:07 PM
>If he has quit, I don't blame him. He's dope and all but the
>game is rigged.
>
>

so has he quit?
2769510, on the real, i'm down for a new Insight solo LP w/ all Insight beats
Posted by judono, Mon Jan-14-13 12:25 AM
damu is real dope on the mpc /filtered basslines / chops, drums.. on some throwback. but i fuck with insights production tuffer than almost anybody out the underground. insight is a monster on the beats&the mic. producers that rap are my favorite artists. and insight has been one of my favorite dudes at the top of my list for a long time. so new y society is cool. i bought the 1st one on cd and still have the On&On 12" they dropped. but i'm curious to hear about a new insight solo record just as much. damu is dope tho. props to damu.
2769633, he had a post on tumblr a few months back
Posted by SsenepoD, Mon Jan-14-13 02:25 PM
I'm looking for the post now...sounded like he wasn't planning on putting out anything "new" & just releasing stuff from the stash
2769690, i'm also not that big on y society. beats were dope but..
Posted by Mash_Comp, Mon Jan-14-13 05:23 PM
...insight was doing a LOT of punching in and such. it was just hurried rapping to me.
2770353, RE: so redef peeps finally replied
Posted by rmcphedr, Wed Jan-16-13 06:56 PM
apparently damu is finalising some shit at the moment. he has NOT quit the game
2770449, If we don't get Y Society, I'd happily take and Edan/Insight album.
Posted by CondoM, Thu Jan-17-13 06:24 AM
Anything from any of the three would be welcome.