Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectOkayTech: Do decent wireless headphones exist?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2759960&mesg_id=2759960
2759960, OkayTech: Do decent wireless headphones exist?
Posted by spew120, Fri Nov-30-12 09:53 AM
So, the last time I tried out wireless headphones was half a decade ago, and my experience was horrible. The pair functioned by sending audio via radio waves and was *supposed* pick up on the audio, but I was more likely to pick up on my neighbor's wireless phone audio than I was my own. Even when the headphones picked up on the proper frequency, the sound quality was absolutely horrendous and there was easily a 5-7 second lag.

So, now that technologies like bluetooth are old-hat, has anyone made a set of wireless headphones that have a decent response range?

I currently use a pair of Grado SR-60s, and I'm not expecting anything that matches their quality. But, I'm not about to fuck with Dr. Dre designer headphones, or that Skullcandy trash. I dig Sennheiser and Koss as well.

It's meant to be a gift for my dad, who loves listening to music, but hates having to sit in front of the computer to do it.