Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectYeah, Nocturnal for me too nowadays I thimk
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2757552&mesg_id=2758136
2758136, Yeah, Nocturnal for me too nowadays I thimk
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Fri Nov-23-12 02:37 PM
"Enta da stage" USED to be my favourite but those choruses with dozens of guys screaming the title over and over has dated the album in a bad way; otherwise, it's dope as fuck to me still-I especially love the barebones production with not much more than classic breaks and filtered basslines.

"Dah shinin'" has a similar production but holds up better IMO and it has my favourite songs but I don't know, I find the mc's pretty boring over the course of an album.

"Nocturnal" is a more understated, subtle record productionwise with less standout songs but it has a great atmosphere/vibe and I just love the chemistry between Sean Price and Rock not to mention that the latter has one sick voice. It's the record I play the most today even if I reach for individual songs more from the first two projects.

"Dah Storm" by comparison was not very good at all to me, it never did anything for me outside of like two-three songs...