Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSPINOFF: So Which MC/Group Should Alchemist Make His "Cuban Linx" With?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2727272
2727272, SPINOFF: So Which MC/Group Should Alchemist Make His "Cuban Linx" With?
Posted by CeeK., Sat Aug-04-12 06:19 PM
I can't think of anyone off the bat... maybe if he and P made a "Return Of The Mac 2"... took more time with it? Remember, "Return..." was them on some mixtape stuff. Maybe they could work harder and turn out an undisputed classic
2727280, it was mentioned in the previous thread
Posted by Delajoo, Sat Aug-04-12 06:56 PM
But the Method Man comeback, that would do it. The kind of pairing that just seems awesome from the sound of it and probably would be, like before the Killer Mike El-P joint came out and we were like "yo this could be perfect", and it schwas.

Nas would be sick.
and any of the TDE kids.
A$AP?
2727284, Damn, I didn't even think about Method Man...
Posted by phemom, Sat Aug-04-12 07:09 PM
That would be dope, and ALC is diverse enough to cover all the bases Meth would wanna do (cause Meth don't wanna make Wu-Bangers all the time...he still thinks he's a star).
2727281, Mef, Nas, blu, Roc Marc, K. Lamar
Posted by Ishwip, Sat Aug-04-12 07:03 PM

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)
2727283, This is tough, couple ideas.
Posted by phemom, Sat Aug-04-12 07:05 PM
Unless someone comes out of the woodwork (like Ghostface) most of the people he works with are so hit and miss when it comes to making actual songs.

My ideas:

Step Brothers (w/Evidence): since this has been in the works for at least 3 years they are gonna make something unique. Then again ALC will be rappin on this...and popular opinion is he's not dope on the mic (I disagree). So it's a harder sell...

Styles P: When they link up Styles tends to pick the odd but grimey joints, and I could see them doing a whole LP. Styles in album mode is usually good, but since leaving the majors his beat selection has been iffy...he wouldn't have that problem here. Jadakiss is in the same boat...except Jada still wants radio hits. Can ALC make them?

Roc Marciano: Some consider "Marcberg" a classic...and with ALC at the helm Marci would have to step his game up. I just don't see him giving up the beats for a whole album because Roc truly created his own (throwback) sound.

...and of course there's a reunited Mobb Deep record. Cause you just know they'll work it out and do another eventually...and Hav don't seem all that interested in making beats (unless it's for 50)

Others that are pretty much never gonna happen, but would be big and sound good.

Nas
Eminem (heads would go apeshit if this happened)
Sean Price
Busta Rhymes
2727287, Freedie Gibbs Devel Palace can be like RAP music
Posted by Menphyel7, Sat Aug-04-12 07:41 PM
2727295, Won't happen. Legendary beatmaker but he ain't a "producer" like that
Posted by micMajestic, Sat Aug-04-12 08:31 PM
It's more feasible for him to shoot for a "Livin' Proof" but even that won't happen.
Posted by mrshow, Sat Aug-04-12 08:35 PM
Lotsa potential there.
2727318, just to put some different names out there
Posted by aolhater, Sun Aug-05-12 12:13 AM
rah digga
ras kass
kurupt
ghostface
killa priest

dare i say scarface
2727322, RE: SPINOFF: So Which MC/Group Should Alchemist Make His "Cuban Linx" With?
Posted by david bammer, Sun Aug-05-12 01:19 AM
http://img.waffleimages.com/ddb3da9a0db828b8d94db422ff9f04214ea64d9a/worffrustrated.gif
2727333, y'all act like covert coup never happened
Posted by Hellyeah, Sun Aug-05-12 04:44 AM
2727346, It was good but nothing next level on it
Posted by zuma1986, Sun Aug-05-12 09:29 AM
That's always been my problem with Curren$y, he's good but he's just listenable. He never blows my mind or impresses me like a great MC or someone capable of making a classic album would
2727453, ^^^^^^
Posted by southphillyman, Sun Aug-05-12 08:31 PM
2727473, if you ask me and my car, that shit is a classic.
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Sun Aug-05-12 09:52 PM
2727372, Ab-Soul
Posted by Johnny, Sun Aug-05-12 01:40 PM
he just said he was going to link up with him on twitter last night

I like the Method Man idea

what about Pharoahe Monch
2727452, Prodigy
Posted by ToneNice, Sun Aug-05-12 08:27 PM
Came in here to post about how fire "Return of the Mac" was. Those beats complemented the rhymes and vice versa. ALC hooked up some classic loops on there, would welcome a part 2.
2727464, ^ ^ ^This too!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sun Aug-05-12 09:21 PM
I bumped the shit out of ROTM when it dropped.

Hell, reminds me to put that back in rotation this week.

2727455, I'd love to hear a SeanP & Alc ep.
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sun Aug-05-12 08:44 PM
I think that would be some ill shit right there.

2727472, if alc is making the decisions..... mf'ing Eminem.
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Sun Aug-05-12 09:50 PM
12 tracks.. no gimmicks.. no corny shit.. just Em ripping it.. both getting experimental w/ it.

that could be a really cool tape..