Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectasap yams on this:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2721858&mesg_id=2756677
2756677, asap yams on this:
Posted by GumDrops, Sat Nov-17-12 03:20 AM
slightly confused about jeezy and gucci not being trap, but anyway....

“On top of that, he was the one that started the whole—I don’t want to say he started that, but he brought the whole trap music, he brought the whole trap reference to the spotlight. I think it kind of fucked it up, cause it’s like, people’s whole outlook on trap music is Young Jeezy over a Shawty Redd beat or Gucci Mane over a Zaytoven beat, and that’s not what trap music is. Trap music is like southern rap music that talks about the stuff about dopeboy shit, about hustling, you know what I’m saying? That’s what his second album, Trap Muzik, you feel me?

“That shit I hope they all crawl up in a hole and die. Like the whole LA scene and shit needs to just die, please. That shit is just so insulting. All the records, I don’t care. All the trap beat days on soundcloud, they got to go. They’re really the worst. They took a music that was so beautiful and so great, and they just took that shit to hell. Trap is always going to be the trap, but that shit is just—they making a mockery of that shit.”