Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: very true like look at
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2715469&mesg_id=2716205
2716205, RE: very true like look at
Posted by rtoriq, Tue Jul-03-12 01:09 PM
>i without hesitation blame 85% of that on Questluv. D being gone 10 years only made
>the mythos/mystique worse.

YESSS!!!! Just wanted to say i am soooo glad someone said this. D hasn't been saying anything himself; it's mostly ?uest who be trippin. On the "Hercules! Hercules!" tip.

This discussion is interesting (and painful lol, but i'm cool with raw opinions.) It's got me thinking about a lot of subjects that i kinda wanna ask in the forums. Quesions like quanitity or quality?, Can an artist truly ever get to jam on a new instrument in the midst of their career?
What is funk exactly? (<---hate questions like this because it's never precise and it ALWAYS boil down to subjective opinions)
Can an artist just be stuck as an artist or should they always progress towards all-over entertainer?
Can an artist ever be low-key yet musically & lyrically influential?
If an artist is inspired by or compared to an "legend", how do they step out of the legend's shadow while staying true to themselves?

i shall reflect...