Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectmaybe if the D'Angelo stans would stop Mark Jackson him
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2715469&mesg_id=2716188
2716188, maybe if the D'Angelo stans would stop Mark Jackson him
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Jul-03-12 12:25 PM
"Mama there goes that Man D'Angelo" stand up and hands down.

all this hype and his funk is on starbucks lite tip 1)

he wants to have the conservative funk and he wants to be running it and yet he is caught mimicking what he can't at least equal 2)

yeah he can play and he has feeling in his work however masking jams and grooves off as songs which come off half betty crocker live is a diaster that is a waste of oven time and it is brunt before it even gets a chance to cook2)

you see the same ole hype year after year, day after day and wonder if this cat is finally bring the goods and all you get a zerox copy and a watered down version of a cat trying to funk by the numbers and also hip hop by the numbers and he hits with neither one proper 3)

back in the day you either lived up to the hype or you stayed away in a bottle like "I dream of Jeannie" 4)

what trips me out this turkey got a few albums to his credit and all these yes folks, it would be scary if this cat had at least 4-5 more albums out which would all be the same sounding old sounding stuff by the way 5)

the band D'angelo has with him can play,etc.. however the songs and vibe are restrictive and also its trying to capture a leader who is instead of a fan and can't get past his own two shoes. he trips over his own thing and i'd say to D'angelo start making music that reflects you instead of doing that old Man Holiday Inn gig 3 in the morning joints. find you Partna 6)