Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThink we'll be lucky enough to get an instrumental version?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2696905&mesg_id=2697176
2697176, Think we'll be lucky enough to get an instrumental version?
Posted by third_i_vision, Thu May-10-12 09:36 AM
Danny Brown, who I'm a HUGE fan of, sounded more obnoxious than he ever has with the misogyny. Cool beat, and I definitely appreciate the scratch hook, but overall I don't think I'm gonna cop that 10" because my tolerance for over-the-top vulgarity is weaning.

This dude on the trailer....who is that? Not a fan. That beat is THEE shit though, wow.

One of the things that irks me the most is rappers rapping about Dilla on posthumous Dilla tracks. Hate it. If that's what the whole album's gonna sound like, I find it a little unfortunate. Just rap about whatever...you don't have to mention Dilla just because you were called on for the project (at least in my opinion).

I will say that I'm really excited about hearing the production on here. "Detroit Madness" had the vintage Jay Dee sound from the archives, the trailer beat is some filthy shit I've never heard either...the sound (at least on my laptop) reminded me of a dirtier "Won't Do" (top 10 Dilla beat and possibly a sample of the style he was working on before his death)...we've all heard that Danny Brown beat before, but it's cool.