Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: lauryn hill in a blowout and it ain't even close
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2695396&mesg_id=2696340
2696340, RE: lauryn hill in a blowout and it ain't even close
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue May-08-12 01:17 PM
its all subjective, however you are part of the Lesson clique so i'd expect the answers you gave. you were either too young or weren't checking for things too much back in hip hop world of the mid to late 90's because L Boogie was huge and she had that it. She had the rapping, singing and ability to broaden her musical landscape.

fugees were huge and she dominated that lane and then went solo and dominated that lane.

she did everything before him YO.

the score was huge back in 96 and then she went solo in 98.

and she is a better actor. FYI Cheryl Miller is One of the Baddest Female Basketball Players Ever and certainly belongs in the discussion amongest the best of the best IMO, they just didn't have a WNBA when she played, and i still feel she is better than her Brother by a country mile.

i was there back in the 90's and I dug Outkast and think 3 Stacks is dope, however he did all of his stuff after Lauryn though. She did it up and had that "IT" she just choked it away. i tell anyone that if Lauryn had have stayed focus she easily would have had the lane that Beyonce and R.Kelly have.

Lauryn Hill covered bases Yo. how you gonna argue against someone who had Hip-Hop props? R&B props? and Pop props? thats Stats and Jewlery and Respect. she gave you the all around game.

Andre Hip Hop and Pop. mix bag in R&B. he should have been bigger, howver what have and could have don't could. miseducation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the love below and it ain't even close