Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectin my ole hood in VA I went to the record store that tuesday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2680015&mesg_id=2680034
2680034, in my ole hood in VA I went to the record store that tuesday
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Mar-31-12 02:12 AM
got the album and the tape. there was a line out the door. i was looking forward to it.

i notice that every odd number track had more of a beat. i always favored certain songs more than others.

dug the title track, Housequake, ballad of dorothy parker, if i was your girlfriend,adore, strange relationship.

thought "it" was filler. beautiful night worked better live IMO same with forever in my life.

U got the look just felt like Robert Palmer's "addicted to love" and I never got into that song except for the remix.

i could never take the place of your man, depend on mood but liked it better in the Sign movie same with the cross.

IMO the Sign film and live versions blow the studio versions out the water.

starfish coffee was cool.

slow love felt like somebody else had written that song. though it is basically Sly and the family Stone's "hot fun in the summertime" slowed down.

anyway that was the last Prince album and time I was hyped about a album release from him.

i dug the album more so at the time, but in hindsight its hit and Miss and its not seeing Stevie Wonder's songs in the Key of Life let alone 1999,however it did showcase his musical versatility far better than any of his other Prime and peak 80's albums IMO.

to me Sign was the last Prince album where he was in his own Orbit and that was a happening place back then.

loved the album cover and the half detachement aspect of him being there.

matter of fact i got a coule of phone calls no sooner had i gotten home about my review and thoughts on the album.

that was a feel good time back then.