Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectCan we talk about how insanely great "Appetite for Destruction" was?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2675479&mesg_id=2675479
2675479, Can we talk about how insanely great "Appetite for Destruction" was?
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Mar-20-12 09:44 AM
I realize this is not a novel thought, but I just feel like every now and then it needs to be re-emphasized. Not one bad song...really, not one. Went 18x platinum, lol. This is one of those albums that relentlessly hits you with song after song. Every member was on POINT. Obviously Axl and Slash were gonna kill everything (Axl just crushed "Sweet Child o Mine", plus he wrote it), but Izzy went in on the lead for "Nightrain" and played drums on "Paradise City", Steven Adler was solid throughout and had his best moment on "Mr. Brownstone". The album is basically flawless. One of my homeboys still has the joint with the original cover art showing the robot being stopped from raping a woman...it was on the outside, at first, but the label caught a lot of flack and decided to put it inside the cover. What are your memories/thoughts on the album?